3.27 (b) Vehicle Regulation Enforcement
Northeastern Junior College is responsible for the establishment and enforcement of traffic and parking regulations on the campus of the college.
The Vice President for Administrative Services has been delegated authority in matters concerning campus traffic and parking violations. This includes:
- Authorization for issuance of "warning" tickets - as appropriate.
- Authorization to restrict the driving on campus of drivers who are habitual violators or whose driving offenses show a disregard for the safety of personnel or property.
- Authorization to impound any vehicles for repeated parking violations on campus property.
- Authorization to impound any vehicles on campus property causing any hazard or deemed abandoned at the end of the academic year or end of employment.
- College personnel have been delegated the responsibility of reporting violations of the NJC Vehicle Regulations policy.
College personnel are instructed to enforce the Vehicle Regulation policy. College personnel will call for assistance and receive full cooperation of the City and Logan County law enforcement agencies.
- All campus parking will have posted signage, stating any restrictions and imposed violation of policy.
- All college personnel are delegated responsibility to report parking violations to the Finance Office. A database of parking violations based on license number/parking permit number will be maintained by the Finance Office. This database will be provided to Physical Plant Grounds to assist in their issuance of citations.
Reporting of violations may take the following forms:
- Cell phone picture of violation emailed to: email@example.com
- Calling (970) 521-6615 to report violation, providing campus parking lot and license/parking permit #.
- The Office of Campus Safety and Physical Plant Grounds are delegated responsibility to issue warnings for first and second parking violations.
- Repeat or dangerous violations will be subject to vehicle impoundment at owner’s risk and expense.
The City of Sterling has the authority to issue parking tickets in the areas marked as fire lanes, disability parking and/or areas where the curbs are painted yellow.