Northeastern’s residence halls provide the opportunity for students to live in an academic-based community. As the largest residential two-year college campus in Colorado, the chances to meet new people are endless. Living on campus allows students to build new friendships, gain a strong support system during their college career (and often after college as well), and live close to classes and resources available on campus.
The Residence Life program is committed to providing each resident with a living-learning environment that promotes personal, academic and social growth within a safe, well maintained and caring community.
Move-In Days Fall 2021
- Fall Intercession Term: Sunday, August 8 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Please check in at the Housing Office in Hays Student Center 113.)
- Jump Start: Sunday, August 15 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Please check in at the Housing Office in Hays Student Center 113.)
- New On-Campus Students: Thursday, August 19 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Please check in at the white tents in front of your assigned dorm.)
- Returning On-Campus Students: Friday, August 20 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Please check in at the white tents in front of your assigned dorm.)
First-Year Student Housing Policy
All first-year students with less than 30 semester credit hours earned are required to live in the residence halls for two semesters and/or until 30 semester credits are earned. Exemptions to this policy are first-year students who are:
- Over twenty-one years of age.
- Have minor dependent children.
- Commuting to Northeastern from a parent/guardian's residence in a 60-mile radius.
- Serving in the military.
Freshman students will be required to contract housing for two semesters. Students who do not meet the exemptions above and who choose to live off campus will be charged one half of a semester standard room rate.