Living on campus
145 College Avenue Sterling, CO 80751
Dowis Hall has many distinctive characteristics which makes this dorm unique. It was the first dorm that was built on Northeastern's campus, giving it some historic significance and is also newly renovated. Dowis Hall's warm, inviting atmosphere, paired with it having some of the larger rooms on campus, makes this dorm highly requested by students.
Dowis Hall shares a courtyard with Blue Spruce Hall allowing students the access to BBQ on the grill or just spend time outside with each other. Students in this dorm can be found playing the piano, shooting pool, or socializing in the lobby.
Dowis Hall houses up to 73 students and is located on the east side of campus. Each room features a sink with a vanity, a desk for each student, and storage space. This dorm is unique due to the fact that it includes both a co-ed wing, with male student housing on first floor and female student housing on second floor, and traditional female-only apartment wing. This wing houses up to 18 female students with the option of three or four students per apartment.
Features of Dowis Hall:
- Studio style rooms with private bathrooms (female-only apartment wing)
- Double occupancy rooms with sinks in each room (community bathrooms)
- Co-ed by floor and female-only housing options
- Two large lounges equipped with a TV and a pool table
- Wi-Fi in all rooms and common areas
- Wired internet connections (ethernet cable not provided)
- Phone and cable hook ups in each room
- Free laundry facilities
- Extra-long, height-adjustable, bunkable beds (Twin XL: 39" x 80")
- Moveable furniture (to personalize your room)
- Indoor mailboxes
- Secured building with key/ID access
Dowis Hall Apartments are ADA compliant per the 1997 Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG).