Living on campus
Blue Spruce Hall
143 College Avenue Sterling, CO 80751
As our newest residence hall addition, Blue Spruce's bright and inviting atmosphere coupled with its tight-knit community feel makes this hall a favorite on campus. Students in this hall like to hang out in the large open lobby, watch movies in the media room, and cook in the residence hall kitchen.
There is also a spacious courtyard, which is shared with Dowis Hall, that allows students to BBQ and mingle and a third-floor balcony for students to enjoy the outdoors and get some fresh air.
Built in 2011 and located on the east side of campus, Blue Spruce Hall is LEED certified and is Northeastern's newest residence hall. Each floor is broken down into wings and can hold a total of 124 residents. Study rooms are located on each floor for individual or group use. Each floor is also equipped with an ADA accessible room and bathroom. Rooms in Blue Spruce Hall include individual desks, dressers, and closet space.
Features of Blue Spruce Hall:
- Double occupancy rooms (community key access bathrooms)
- Co-ed by floor
- Two lounges on first floor equipped with a fireplace and large TV
- Community full size kitchen
- Outdoor courtyard with picnic tables and a grill
- Climate controls in resident's rooms
- Air conditioning
- Wi-Fi in all rooms and common areas
- Wired internet connections (ethernet cable not provided)
- Phone and cable hook ups in each suite
- Free laundry facilities
- Extra-long, height-adjustable beds (Twin XL: 39" x 80")
- Indoor mailboxes
- Secured building with key/ID access
In Blue Spruce Hall several rooms and the common areas are ADA compliant per the 1997 Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG).