Brick Texture

Transferring Credits In

The first step to transfer credits to Northeastern is to apply for admission. When the application has been completed and processed, any student who has attended another college or university must send their previous college transcripts (from ALL other colleges attended) to the college.

Northeastern must receive the transcripts of college credits directly from the institutions previously attended.

Send official transcripts to:

Northeastern Jr. College
Records Office
100 College Avenue
Sterling, CO  80751

Northeastern also accepts official transcripts electronically through Parchment, E-Scrips, or National Student Clearinghouse.   

A student who wishes to transfer to Northeastern from another college may do so provided they have an acceptable academic record and financial aid record from the previous institution(s).

Credits from Accredited Institutions

The college accepts all undergraduate college credits transferred from institutions which are accredited from one of the following accrediting bodies: 

  • Higher Learning Commission 
  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education / Mid-Atlantic Region Commission on Higher Education 
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission 

Transfer credit shall be accepted at Northeastern with an academic/university transfer and/or career/technical designation. When a question exists as to course equivalency or designation, a request will be made for description of that course from the transfer college or school from which the course was taken.

In addition to transfer credit accepted from institutions accredited through the accrediting bodies listed above, credits will also be accepted from the following accredited post-secondary programs:

  • Emily Griffith Technical College
  • Technical College of the Rockies
  • Pickens Area Technical College
  • Area career/technical schools that correspond to equivalent Northeastern and/or university transfer credit

These transfer credits will be used to fulfill as many course/program requirements as possible. Courses for which there are no equivalencies will be treated as electives.

Only transfer credits with passing grades of A, B, C, S (satisfactory), or P (pass) will be evaluated and applied to transcripts. Courses with a “D” grade will be accepted and applied to transcripts on a case-by-case basis. Students wishing to have a course with a “D” grade accepted must go to the Student Records Office and fill out the appropriate form. Transfer credits and grades will not be used in calculating a Northeastern cumulative GPA.

All lower division undergraduate credit hours awarded within the prior ten years will apply towards the completion of the graduation requirements. Credits more than ten years old will receive careful consideration. The Registrar, in conjunction with the department chair of the respective academic divisions, reserves the right to examine any course more than ten years old to determine their currency and applicability to existing curriculum and programming before credit is accepted.  If a course is denied, an appeal process exists by contacting the Records Office.

If a course was denied, an appeal process exists by contacting the Records Office. Students wishing to file a complaint with the Colorado Department of Higher Education may do so here. Before exercising the Colorado Department of Higher Education complaint option, students must first follow the appeal procedures at Northeastern.

International Credit Transfer Information

Non-U.S. transcripts must go through an evaluation service in order to be considered for transfer to waive prerequisites. Northeastern accepts evaluations through any NACES member organization. It is up to the student to select an appropriate evaluation service and to pay the fees associated with that evaluation.

Costs will vary by service and type of evaluation offered.  Northeastern Junior College (Northeastern) requires a course-by-course or detailed evaluation. Credit recommendations do not guarantee acceptance of credits by Northeastern. Official evaluations can be mailed directly to:

Northeastern Jr. College

Records Office

100 College Avenue

Sterling, CO  80751

If transcripts are being delivered in person, they must still be in the sealed envelope from the evaluation service.