Article XI- Chartered Clubs
Section 1. Yearly Updates:
- All chartered organizations shall submit their updated Constitution and Constitutional Analysis each academic year.
- No moneys shall be allocated to a club until the 2nd Vice President has received their updated Constitution and Constitutional Analysis for the current academic year.
Section 2. New Clubs and Organizations
- Potential clubs or organizations shall establish a written constitution and by-laws that is not in violation of the current ASNJC Constitution. This Constitution and By-Laws shall be submitted for approval to the ASG officers before CAB and Senate can take any chartering action.
- Potential clubs or organizations shall establish a worthy purpose to benefit students and Northeastern.
- Potential clubs or organizations shall secure an on-campus sponsor from the staff of Northeastern.
- Potential clubs or organizations shall establish an active membership of at least five members.
- Items in Article XI Section 2 A, B, C, and D must be documented on a completed Constitutional Analysis Form and turned in to the ASG 2nd Vice President at the same time as the clubs constitution and by-laws.
- Potential clubs or organizations shall schedule and hold regular meetings.
- Potential clubs or organizations shall make an oral presentation to the CAB and Senate at a regular meeting.
- Clubs shall be granted a charter by a 2/3 vote of CAB’s voting membership and then a 2/3 concurrence vote by Senate.
Section 3. Formerly Charter Clubs
- Formerly chartered clubs that have been inactive for two years or more shall be reinstated as new clubs by fulfilling the requirements of Article XI Sections 2.
- Formerly chartered clubs that have withdrawn themselves from CAB in the past two years or less, shall be reinstated as a new club by fulfilling the requirements in Article XI, Section 2, except for the following requirements:
- Attend 10 concurrent CAB meetings without receiving financial assistance from CAB.
- Submit to CAB a written request containing cause, consideration of reinstatement of the privileges of CAB. The request shall be accepted or denied as per a vote of a majority of the quorum present at the next CAB meeting following the last meeting of the 16-week period.
- Organization or club shall have no voice, nor voting rights during the meeting of CAB. Voice privileges shall be allowed upon approval of a 2/3 majority of the quorum present.
- If any club ends the school year before they have been reinstated as a club, they must reapply to be a voting club at CAB for the following year.
- As per Article X, Section 2.