Article VI - Recall and Vacancies
Section 1. Recall
- Elected Executive Officers: Any elected Executive Officer may be removed by a recall election in which at least fifteen percent (15%) of the members of the student body vote, with three-fourths (3/4) of these voting in favor of the recall. A recall election may be initiated by a petition signed by at least ten percent (10%) of the student body or three-fourths (3/4) of the Student Senate.
- If a member of the Executive Cabinet does not maintain the specified 2.5 GPA (minimum) while maintaining full-time status (12 credits), they will be removed from office and replaced according to Article VII Section 2.
- Student Senators: Any Student Senator may be removed from office by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. The student will first receive a written warning. If the problem continues, the issue will be taken to Senate for an official vote.
- Any appointed official may be removed through the same procedure by which he or she was appointed.
Section 2. Vacancies:
- Any vacancy created in the Executive Cabinet shall be filled by a special ASG election; except the Presidency, which the1st Vice President shall fill. Candidates must fulfill qualifications listed in Article III, Section 3.
- When a vacancy occurs in the Student Senate, Senators will be given two weeks to bring prospective Senate members. The candidates must be from the respective division the vacancy occurred. If there are no candidates at that time, the ASG 1st Vice President has one week to appoint a replacement Senator. All prospective members must be approved by a 2/3-majority vote of the membership of Student Senate.
- Prospective senators must notify the ASG 1st Vice President of intent of candidacy 24 hours prior to Senate. 1st Vice President must determine if eligibility requirements are met within this 24-hour period. Eligibility requirements are outlined in the Student Senate by-laws.