Article V – Standing Committees
Section 1. Duties of all Committees
- All Standing Committees shall meet often enough to fulfill their duties with a minimum of one meeting per semester. Standing committees shall also be required to submit a committee report, including all expenditures, at the following Student Senate meeting.
Section 2. ASG Constitution Committee:
- This committee shall be composed of a minimum of six (6) student Senators, at least one from each division who is appointed by the ASG President with approval of the Student Senate. The ASG Advisor or an Northeastern Administrator, Faculty or Staff member shall also serve on the committee. This representative shall be appointed by the Director of Residence Life and Student Activities. The ASG Constitutional Committee is responsible for periodic review of the ASNJC Constitution, Student Senate By-Laws, and CAB By-Laws.
Section 3. The Finance Committee:
- Shall consist of a minimum of six (6) student senators, at least one (1) from each division. The ASG President with the approval of Student Senate shall appoint members
- Powers of the Finance Committee:
- To review and amend the ASG Budget before it is approved by the Student Senate.
- To research budget requests brought to Student Senate.
- Budget requests should be submitted to the Finance Committee for research by a specified date, determined by the Finance Committee.
- Finance Committee is subject to give reports concerning individual allocation requests with their recommendations to the Student Senate.
- Finance committee will meet weekly to determine the appropriate category for allocations. (i.e. General Fund, Educational and or Diversity.)
- Review any other ASG financial matters as requested by the Executive Cabinet, Student Senate, or CAB.
Section 4. Election Committee:
The Election Committee shall:
- Consist of at least four (4) students Senators, and the ASG Advisor or an Northeastern Administrator, Faculty or Staff member appointed by the ASNJC 1st Vice President with the approval of the Student Senate. Term of office shall be until successors have been appointed by the ASNJC 1st Vice President.
- Establish its own internal rules and regulations to conduct all ASG elections provided they do not contradict this constitution.
Section 5. Food and Banquet Committee:
The Food and Banquet Committee shall:
- Have monthly meetings with the cafeteria staff.
- Prepare and set-up for than annual banquet. Including decorations, invitations, menu and any other preparations needed.