Please view the annual notification of rights here.
In accordance with the Family and Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, all students have the right to withhold any public directory information such as:
- Name, address, telephone number, dates of attendance, and enrollment status.
- Previous institution(s) attended, major field of study, awards, honors,
- Past and present participation in officially recognized sports and
activities, photograph, physical factor, date and place of birth.
The following student rights are covered by FERPA and afforded to all eligible students at Northeastern Junior College. Only the student has:
- The right to inspect and review information contained in their
- The right to request amendment of the contents of the student's records
believed to be inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise violation of the
student's privacy and rights.
- The right to prevent disclosure without consent, with certain
exceptions, of personally identifiable information from the
- The right to secure a copy of the college's policy.
- The right to file complaints with the U.S. Department of Education
concerning alleged failures by the college to comply with the provisions
The Colorado Community College System has adopted the following policy:
The following items will be designated as “directory information”. Colleges may disclose any of this information without prior written consent, unless notified by the student in writing to the contrary by the first official class meeting date of each semester:
- Student name
- Major field of study
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received
- Most recent educational institution attended
Please contact the Records Office with questions or to obtain a "Consent to Release Confidential Information" form. You may also request to withhold any public directory information at the:
Hays Student Center
100 College Avenue
Sterling, CO 80751