Are you are a fashion-forward, stylish, and creative individual?
Northeastern's one year program begins each August and runs to the following May. Students must earn 1500 clock hours/53 Credits as required by the Colorado Cosmetology/Barber Board for state licensing examination eligibility. Upon successful completion of the program students earn a certificate and become eligible to register for the state exam.
What you'll learn:
- Endless hair design possibilities in cut and color
- Trends and new releases for the industry
- Skin's beauty, quality and care
- Communication and interactive people skills
- Business savvy, how to maximize your earning power, profit at your fingertips
- Natural nail cultivation
- Nail enhancements and extensions
- Spa manicures and pedicures
- Interview and resume skills
- Interactive training with manufacturer educators
- All the skills you need to help you provide your clients with solutions in beauty wellness.
More than 90% of the students who complete the cosmetology program at Northeastern and sit for the state exam are successful in getting their license.
Exclusive Professional Student Kits
Exclusive Professional Student Kit are selected to include high-end professional tools of the trade such as shears, texture shears, clippers, blow-dryer, irons, brushes, and state-of-the-art mannequins.
Professional Products are used in the classroom and in the Student Salon, providing students knowledge and expertise of current products utilized in the industry. Additionally, students gain valuable network connections with various industry sales representatives.
Professional Trained Educators
Teachers are focused on your success! Your instructors are talented experts with access to a network of industry professionals and an Advisory Board to keep abreast of the latest trends in cosmetology education, current teaching methods, and industry educational events. All instructors maintain a current Cosmetology license and actively work in salons.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. The need for barbers will stem primarily from an increasing population, which will lead to greater demand for basic hair care services. In addition, demand for hair coloring, hair straightening, and other advanced hair treatments has risen in recent years, a trend that is expected to continue over the coming decade.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics lists the median annual wage for cosmetologists at $24,830 for April of 2019
Gainful Employment Disclosures – 2019
Program Name: Cosmetologist
This program is designed to be completed in 75 weeks.
This program will cost $15,878 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with $4,875 of debt.
- Program meets licensure requirements in the following States: N/A
- Program does not meet licensure requirements in the following States: N/A
- Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the following States: Colorado
- Program does not qualify students to sit for licensure exam in the following States: N/A
- The following States do not have licensure requirements for this profession: N/A
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: College Scorecard