How COF Works:
- You only have to apply for COF once. Once you authorize for one term at Northeastern, that choice typically rolls over every term automatically, but you should always verify each semester that you enroll.
- There are no income qualifications for undergraduate students attending a public institution.
- COF is not considered financial aid.
- You must be eligible for in-state tuition (or attending under an eligible tuition program that charges a special-category rate (concurrent enrollment, ASSET, or Military) and be currently enrolled in courses.
- You can receive the stipend every term that you take eligible undergraduate courses, and have not met your 145 credit hour life time limit.
Getting COF is a Two-Step Process:
- Apply at the COF website.
- Authorize COF in your Access Account by selecting the COF icon on the Dashboard.
COF Waiver for Credit Hour Limit
You can use COF up to 145 credits. Review your COF lifetime “hours used” balance on the College Opportunity Fund website: https://cof.college-assist.org.
If you exceed 145 credits,you have three options:
- Post-Bachelor Waiver
- Institutional Waiver
- CCHE Waiver
You may also contact our Records Office to discuss which waiver you are eligible for and to start the process. You can contact them at 970-521-6700 or in Hays Student Center, Room 102.