Article VI. Qualifications For Election And Continuance Of Senators
- All candidates or nominees running for a Student Senate office must be enrolled as full-time or part-time students at Northeastern.
- Students having attended Northeastern classes for one continuous semester on campus must be in good standing with the college by maintaining a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.25, and by not being on the Vice President’s disciplinary list (level 2 or 3 probation) at the time of interview. Freshman or new student candidates will be given one semester to establish an acceptable G.P.A.
- Every candidate running for a Student Senate office must submit a petition signed by at least thirty students enrolled full-time (carrying 12 or more credits) at NJC. Candidates not fulfilling these requirements will not be allowed to run for a Student Senate office.
- Attendance - More than three excused or two unexcused absences from regular meetings per semester will cause a Senator to be removed from office. An ASG officer prior to the meeting must approve all excused absences. The same attendance policy will be used for committee meetings with absences being excused by the chairperson of the committee and the consequences being removal from that committee.
- Senators shall be expected:
- To participate in ASG activities.
- To work with ASG officers in planning ASG activities.
- To volunteer and contribute to various Senate committees, at least two per semester.
- To be a positive leader on campus.
- All Senators who have met the above criteria will receive $100.00 per semester. (See chart below for pay scale.)
Senate pay scale
|# of Committees||0||$60.00||$55.00||$50.00|
Meetings = 60% = $60.00 = $5.00/meeting
Committees = 40% = $40.00 = $20.00/committee