Northeastern Junior College 2022-2023 Catalog
Assessment and Placement for Success
In accordance with Colorado State Board Policy, if you are entering college for the first time, you are required provide indication of college readiness via placement test scores. These tests will help determine what college courses you will take based on your skill levels in English, reading and math.
College Ready Indicators:
- Student has prior college-level English and college-level math course work with a final grade of “C” or better.
- Student has valid (non-expired) college-level ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, CCPT, GED, HiSet, TASC, PARCC, SBAC, AP, IB, CLEP, DSST, PLA scores.
- Student has 3.0 high school GPA with “B” in Algebra II or Geometry (for CTE math, MAT 120, 135 & 155), “B” in Pre- Calculus (for MAT121) (MAT1340) within last 18 months.
- Student has 3.0 high school GPA with “B” in 11th grade English (for ENG121) (ENG1021) within last 2 years.
- Northeastern’s Self-Directed Placement Testing.