Frequently Asked Questions
- Immediate feedback from classroom engagements
- Sharing of information and ideas
- Creating videos and study aides
- Capturing demonstrations
- Classroom assignments, quizzes, tests
- Note taking
- Students will also have free access to Microsoft Office 365 Apps for their iPad. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. These are very common software packages that most students are familiar with. These can be used on the iPad or accessed in a web browser.
- More and more faculty have moved to having students submit their papers electronically, thus reducing the need to print papers and it is environmentally friendly. But if you must print, students will be able to print from their iPad to certain campus printers. Students are given a pre-designated number of pages they can print for free. After that, they can add more pages by adding to their student account in the Cashier’s office.
- Beyond that, the college has computers available in our student computer lab that have the Microsoft Office products when excessive typing is required.
- iPad Pro - 32 GB minimum and WiFi capable
- iPad 5th generation - 32GB minimum and W-Fi capable
- iPad 6th generation - 32GB minimum and Wi-Fi capable
The smaller screen of the iPad mini’s does not lend itself well to a few of our programs, please plan to buy an iPad 6th gen for the music, automotive, diesel and wind programs. For example, students in our music ensembles (choirs or bands) view their sheet music on their iPad. Thus we strongly suggest those students purchase an iPad 6th gen. Same is true in our Automotive, Diesel and Wind Technology programs. These students view electrical wiring schematics and other diagrams and the iPad 6th gen works much better for these situations.
- Directly purchasing an iPad from any retailer as long as it meets the minimum requirements specified.
- Directly from the Apple Online Store
- Through the College iPad Direct Program. See below.
For Fall 2018, if obtained through the college, the prices are as follows (subject to any prices changes made by Apple):
- iPad 6th generation - 128GB $399 + Sales Tax 27.93 = $426.93
- iPad 6th generation - 32GB $299 + Sales Tax 20.93 = $319.93
August 20-23 at 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
August 27-30 at 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Every Tuesday from 10am-12pm starting September 4
Every Wednesday from 2pm-4pm starting September 5
AppleCare+ extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.
- Using iOS and iCloud
- Connecting to wireless networks
- Questions about FaceTime, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, and other Apple-branded iPad apps
It is recommended that AppleCare+ be purchased at the same time as your iPad. For more information visit Apple's website.