Can you believe summer is almost over?! Below you’ll find some helpful tips for move-in:
- You MUST HAVE your Payment Plan set up, your Student I.D. Picture taken, and be enrolled in 12+ Credits BEFORE you are able to move in
- To take care of your bill, login to your NJC Access account, click on “Financial Aid and Payments”
- To take your picture for your photo I.D. please visit the Housing Office in Hays Student Center 113
- If you are not in 12+ credits, please contact NJCStudentSuccessCenter@njc.edu
We cannot wait for you and your family to arrive on campus. You can look forward to exciting and fun activities as well as preparation for campus technology and academic advising. Please check D2L before classes start on Monday for important information about meeting dates and times.
Prior to campus arrival please complete the following courses and training videos:
Mandatory Alcohol-Wise Course
Below please find the schedule for Move-In, Orientation and First Week Activities:
Move in Thursday, August 19
Residential Hall Students 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
-Check in at the tent in front of your assigned residence hall
Off-Campus Students 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
-Check in at Hays Student Center Room 104
*ALL New Students*
-New Student Family BBQ from 4:00-6:00 p.m. located at the Clock Tower and surrounding courtyard. Northeastern Clubs will have representatives available at this time to answer questions and help you get signed up. Additionally there will be a Community Fair with local businesses and giveaways.
-Movie Night- "Soul" at dark, outside of Poole Hall
Move in Friday, August 20
Residential Hall Students 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Check in the tent in front of your assigned residence hall
Off-Campus Students 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Check in at Hays Student Center Room 104
Friday August 20th, 2021—New Student Orientation Schedule
¨ Welcome: Hosted by ASG, E.S. French Theater 9:00-9:30 a.m.
¨ Academic Advising– Advising done by Academic Department
- Math/Science—9:30-10:30 a.m. Hays Student Center Ballroom
- Fire/EMS—9:30-10:30 a.m. Knowles Hall, Room 312
- Liberal Arts-9:30-10:30 a.m. ES French Theater
- Nursing-9:30-10:30 a.m. PW 212
- Business-9:30-10:30 a.m. BOC Event Center Balcony
- Cosmetology-9:30-10:30 a.m. Cosmo Building
- Agriculture-9:30-10:30 a.m. BOC Auxiliary Gym
- Applied Tech-9:30-10:30 a.m. ATC Lebsock Schmidt Hall (front class)
- Undecided-9:30-10:30 a.m. ES French, Room 218
¨ Scavenger Hunt– to be completed throughout the day and returned at Res Life Meeting. Name will be entered into a prize drawing (return to ESF Theater @ 3:30).
¨ Monahan Learning Center (MLC) open for drop-in tours 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Training videos: https://www.njc.edu/student-success-center/orientation-and-1st-year-experience
- In-person help, drop-in 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., ES French Room 122 and 123
¨ Group Picture 3:30-3:45 p.m. meet @ ES French Theater
¨ Res Life Meeting-*Mandatory* 3:45-4:15 p.m. ES French Theater
¨ Athletics Meeting-New Student Athletes-*Mandatory* 4:30 p.m. Main Gym
¨ Glow in the Dark Volleyball- Herbie Lawn 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 21
-Bonfire Night- North Campus 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, August 22
-Fun in the Sun Day- Clocktower 2:30 p.m.
Play games like:
Water balloon toss
Beach Ball rely race
Slip n Slide
Classes Start MONDAY, AUGUST 23!!!!!!
This is also 'Social Media Day'-Follow us on Social media and look for a giveaway based on hashtags being posted
Tuesday, August 24
-Dorm 'Capture the Flag'-Meet in Dorm Lobby 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 25
-Dance & Dye- Blue Spruce Courtyard 6:30 p.m.
- You will be provided with a white shirt that has “NJC” in black to tie-dye
- You will learn line dances
Thursday- August 26
-Trivia in the Chuckwagon Cafe 7:00 p.m.
- Come play trivia for prizes!!!
See you soon!