What is D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L or Desire2Learn is Northeastern's online course and learning management system. D2L provides students with a interface for accessing the content of their online courses, including the syllabus, course calendars, lessons, an assignment drop-box, quizzes, and discussion forums.
Who manages D2L Brightspace?
- The Academic Technology department at NJC manages the D2L learning environment.
Accessing your course
Using your NJC ACCESS account
Click on the ACCESS login link
Log into the ACCESS portal with your "S" number and the password that has been provided for you from NJC Registration.
If you are having trouble logging in, consider the following:
You must be officially registered at NJC and be on the official class roster before you can access your online class
Classes may not appear in D2L until the first day of the course
On campus instructors may utilize D2L for their course, but NOT all course require D2L
Contact your instructor if you do not see your on campus course listed within D2L
Contact the Help Desk at (970) 521-6805 between the hours of 7am to 5pm Monday through Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org for emergencies.
Common issues and support
- Student support for D2L is provided by academic technology and Information technology.
NJC and D2L supports full desktop or laptop computers using Windows or Mac OSX operating systems.
- Mobile devices do work with D2L. If you are experiencing difficulty, please contact NJC Information Technology.
- Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are currently recommended for use with D2L Brightspace. It is highly recommended that you have multiple browsers installed on any device you may access D2L Brightspace.
Can’t find your online course in D2L Brightspace?
- If you do not see your courses within the My Courses box then try the course selector (waffle icon at the top of your D2L Brightspace account). This area will show any courses you currently have access to, and clicking on the course will bring you to the course homepage.
Missing course or missing content?
- If you can’t find your course, please contact the Help Desk at (970) 521-6805 between the hours of 7am to 5pm Monday through Friday or email email@example.com