Northeastern recognizes the value of every student and the importance of a quality education. We offer adult basic education programs consisting of ESL/GED/Family Literacy. Our committed staff creates a partnership with our students to help provide opportunities for individuals to develop skills and confidence for life.
Who We Serve
The NJC Adult Education Program serves adults, ages 17 and older, who wish to improve their basic academic skills such as reading, writing and math; to prepare for the GED test; and/or to improve their English. The Family Literacy Program serves parents and children (ages 1-8 years old) by helping families to build literacy and language skills in order to reach their greatest potential possible. Contact Leslie Helfer at Leslie.Helfer@njc.edu or call 970.521.6761 for more information.
GED Test Practice Questions
For students to determine if they might need our classes or not, visit the GED Practice Questions site here.
What you can expect
- Focus on workplace skills and/or college readiness
- Goal setting assistance
- Whole group, small group, and individualized instruction
- Pre-GED and GED instruction in math, reading, and writing subject areas
- Official GED practice tests
- College and Career Navigation
- Weekly official GED test sessions (cost of official tests is $37.50 each)
- Pre elementary school – early childhood education for children ages 0-5 while parents attend class
GED (General Educational Development) Preparation and Testing
- Morning, afternoon, and evening classes to fit your schedule
- Classes offered only in Sterling at this time
- Weekly testing in Sterling
- Spanish GED testing
2017 Spring GED Graduation Celebration is scheduled for Saturday, May 13.
Students interested in walking at the ceremony should contact Yvonne Draxler at 970.521.6605 before May 6th.
ESL (English as a Second Language) instruction
- Speak, understand, read, and write English
- Learn skills for the workplace
- Learn about citizenship
- Adult education classes in GED preparation or ESL
- Early childhood education for children ages 0-5 years old
- Parent and Child Together (PACT) time –promotes parent-child interaction while supporting the literacy development of participating children
- Parenting Education - provides education and support for parents regarding their children’s literacy development.
Workplace and College readiness
- Resources for career interests
- Assistance with skills needed to be successful on the job
- Higher educational opportunities
- Appointments with Admissions, Financial Aid, and Counseling
Are you interested in putting your strengths to work to help someone else? We have opportunities for you to volunteer with:
- Academic preparation for the GED (math, reading, science, social studies, and writing)
- Employability skills and workplace readiness
- English as a Second Language
- Computer skills
- College preparation and study skills
- Early childhood literacy and assistance
Your success is what we are all about!
For more information, contact:
ABE/GED/ESL Program Coordinator
100 College Avenue
Sterling, CO 80751
Printed from Northeastern Junior College - Sterling, Colorado.
Copyright © 2013 Northeastern Junior College