NJC Veteran-Specific Financial Aid
NJC Certifying Official: 970.521.6741
NJC Workforce-Specific Aid for Veterans
WIA Case manager: 970.521.6815
Veterans Employment Representative: 970.867.9401
Benefits for Veterans
- Apply to NJC for free
- Park on campus for free
- Enjoy small classes on campus with an average size of 22 students
- Attend NJC athletic events for free
- Apply for benefits to obtain a certificate of eligibility for the GI bill at www.gibill.va.gov and bring the certificate to NJC’s Office of Financial Aid; students utilizing this benefit will receive their funding after the class census date
- Free group and individual tutoring in Comprehensive Learning Center
- Students with Individual Education Plans (IEP) can receive services from our Transition Specialist (970) 521-6727
- Credit for Prior learning is available. Veterans applying for the wind program are not required to pay for the Credit for Prior Experience review. Learn more here.
- Choose from 89 academic programs including 24 career and technical programs and 65 two year Associates degrees that transfer and apply towards Bachelor’s degree programs that can be completed at four-year institutions
Veterans Have Priority of Service
As a veteran who has provided great service to this country, you have earned benefits for yourself and potentially for your family. The Eastern Colorado Workforce Center is here to assist you in applying for some of these benefits as well as exploring job placement opportunities that fit your particular skill set. The Eastern Colorado Workforce Centers strive to ensure that veterans are referred to jobs at a higher rate than non-veterans, and that veteran Workforce Investment Act applicants have priority of service for training monies over non-veterans. Public Law 107-288 created a priority of service for Veterans "who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for participation in Department of Labor Programs."
- Job Hunting
- Resume Writing
- Labor Market Information
- Career Exploration
- Job Development
- Referrals to Training Programs
- Other Veteran Related Information
NJC offers a summer Wind Energy Institute program and a two-year Wind Energy Technology program. View the differences here.
For more information regarding the Wind Technology Training Program, visit our Wind Technology Program pages.