Northeastern: Suck it Up Scholarship in Memory of Rachael Emily Finley
This $1,000 memorial scholarship was created in memory of Rachael Finley.
Rachael came into this world as a blessing on May 9, 1994 in Aurora, CO. She attended NJC in Sterling, CO, where she was studying to pursue a degree in zoology. She loved animals, bright colors, reading books, music, adventure, and traveling. She especially enjoyed spending time with family and friends. Rachael will be sadly missed by all, she was quick to smile and laugh and was like sunshine to those who knew her or even just met her.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April1, 2022. All applications will be reviewed by the NJC Foundation Scholarship Committee.
The award recipient will be notified by the end of May, and the funds will be applied to the following fall semester at Northeastern .
- Must be enrolled full time at Northeastern Junior College (minimum of 12 credits)
- Must have declared an area of study
- Must be working towards first degree such as A.A., A.S., A.G.S., A.A.S.
- Individual determination to succeed
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
- Must be a U.S. citizen or provide proof of permanent residency
All applicants must submit the following typed documents:
- Current resume, which should include extra-curricular activities, sports involvement, volunteerism, work history, awards, etc.
- Two single-page, signed letters of recommendation. One letter must be from an instructor at Northeastern. Letters may be uploaded or sent directly to the financial aid office by the authors.
- Two essays: the following words used to describe Rachael were given to the family by her favorite teachers: tender heart, nature lover, believer, beautiful, bright, bubbly, compassionate, empathetic, genuine, giver, happy, imaginative, independent, intelligent, inquisitive, joyous, loyal, and sweet.
- Essay A – Please tell us about a book you have read that influenced or inspired you in fewer than 750 words.
- Essay B – Using the list of words that describe Rachael above, please select up to five of the words you believe apply to you, and explain in 100 words or less why you chose each of them.
- Completed applications must be submitted to the NJC Financial Aid office no later than April 1, 2022