Northeastern: COSI, HOPE, Pathways Scholarships
This one application is for Colorado Resident students to apply for 3 separate scholarships. See the specific eligibility requirements below.
If you submit the Freshman General Scholarship Application, you will automatically be placed into this pool if you are a Colorado Resident.
COSI Scholarship (Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative)
This scholarship provides qualifying Colorado students with scholarship awards to aid them in their pursuit of a college degree. For more information on COSI, visit our COSI Information page. Award amounts will vary.
- Graduating or graduated from a Colorado high school located in our five-county service area: Logan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, or Yuma county
- Have a completed 23-24 FAFSA
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA
- Will be registered as a Full-Time Student in Fall 2023 directly following high school or as an NJC Sophomore
- Will meet with a COSI Career Coach or COSI Coordinator while enrolled at NJC
- Participate in COSI events and Monahan Learning Center workshops
- Complete Student Success Seminar Course
$500 per semester if eligibility remains (4 semesters max)
- Graduate from a Colorado high school located in our 5-county service area: Logan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, or Yuma county
- Earn a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in your 6th, 7th, or 8th semester of high school
- Attend NJC full-time in the Fall Term immediately following high school graduation
- Submit your high school transcript with this application
To Maintain Eligibility OR Earn Scholarship while attending NJC:
- Earn a minimum 3.0 Term GPA OR earn a minimum 2.5 Term GPA and log 50 studying hours in the MLC (Monahan Learning Center)
- Attend NJC full-time each term, starting with the Fall Term immediately following high school graduation
- Be a Colorado high school graduate from one of the local 5-counties listed above
Pathways Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship fund was set up by the NJC Foundation Board to assist Colorado students with the expense of college. Eligible applicants must have Colorado residency, maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA, and be enrolled at Northeastern full-time. Award amounts will vary.