Northeastern: Business and Professional Women of Sterling Scholarship
This $500 scholarship is awarded to a full-time freshman or sophomore female student who is planning to enroll in a business or a professional degree program. The recipient must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA, and be from Northeastern Junior College's local five-county service area (Logan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, or Yuma counties).
Applicants must submit unofficial transcripts and a cover letter that includes the following information:
- a statement of why the applicant should be considered;
- a list of clubs and activities applicant is (or was) involved with while at Northeastern;
- documentation of any scholarships or other financial aid received to attend Northeastern;
- a statement of why the applicant chose business as a major and potential career track; and
- what her/his future plans are after leaving Northeastern.
This scholarship was founded in 2018 by the group called Business and Professional Women of Sterling. It aims to assist a female student attending Northeastern Junior College.