Northeastern: Bernadine Parr Memorial Scholarship
This $500 scholarship was established in 1998 in memory of a longtime Northeastern employee, Bernadine Parr. The recipient must be a sophomore business student at Northeastern, and possess a minimum 3.3 GPA. To be eligible, an applicant must be a resident of Logan County, CO.
Applicants must submit unofficial transcripts and a cover letter that includes the following documents and information:
- a statement of why applicant should be considered;
- a list of clubs and activities applicant is or was involved with at Northeastern;
- documentation of scholarships or other financial aid received to attend NJC;
- a statement of why the applicant chose business; and
- what her/his future plans are after leaving Northeastern.
This memorial scholarship was founded in the name of Bernadine Parr after she passed away in 1998. Bernadine was a dedicated employee of Northeastern Junior College for more than 33 years. The scholarship aims to help a sophomore student who is majoring in business.