The RISE fund launched by the Colorado Governor’s Office supports high-needs school districts, charter schools, and public institutions of higher education to address learning challenges associated with the impacts of COVID-19.
Northeastern Junior College was awarded $1,937,177 to enable the institution to better meet the needs and demands of its community by expanding Spanish language programs, outreach, and adult basic education, career programs in nursing and solar energy, and helping to remove barriers for non-traditional students.
RISE grant project plan:
- New outreach, equity, and inclusion strategy for youth and adult programs
- English language adult education and literacy services preparing bilingual students for an industry recognized CNA credential.
- Nurse Aide program for high school students
- New one-semester certificate programs in solar and wind energy for power generation technicians
- New system for work-based learning across our programs for youth and adults
- New comprehensive barrier reduction strategy