The Pandemic Response Team was charged with developing a plan to respond to the effects that a pandemic outbreak would create. The Team was established to ensure that preparedness and pandemic response planning occurs and is responsible for the distribution of the Pandemic Plan.
- The Team consists of representatives from each of the key areas of campus most likely to be called for some kind of action, should a pandemic situation arise. The Team will collaborate with the rest of campus and the student body, as appropriate.
- The Team collaborates with local emergency response and public health planners in the establishment and maintenance of the Northeastern Pandemic Plan to insure coordination of response and communication with the representative agencies.
- The Team reviews the Pandemic Plan at least annually to insure the response planning and program information is current and applicable.
- The Team helps the campus plan for the provision of sufficient and accessible infection prevention supplies (soap, alcohol based hand hygiene products and appropriate receptacles).
- The Team will coordinate with the Northeast Colorado Health Department to maintain a surveillance mechanism to monitor and communicate substantial increases in absenteeism among students and staff/faculty. In the event of notable increases in absenteeism Northeastern will report the information with:
- Northeastern Office of the President
- The Office of the Chancellor of the Community Colleges System
It is the intent of this plan to identify key important actions Northeastern may need to undertake for the preparation of, and response to a viral outbreak resulting in business interruption. Continued review and updating of the plan will be required to ensure that the Pandemic Plan effectively addresses the unique needs of Northeastern.