Yes, Northeastern Junior College is planning on in-person classes. We will adhere to recommendations and requirements from the appropriate federal and state agencies and the Colorado Community College System.
Listed below are the guidelines for students, faculty, staff, and visitors:
- COVID-19 Testing-Vaccine Protocol – Students
- Masks or facial coverings are recommended for those who are unvaccinated.
- We ask for all students and employees to be considerate of others regarding their decision to vaccinate or not vaccinate, mask or not mask.
- Continue to practice good hygiene, including washing hands and using hand sanitizer
- If you feel sick or have symptoms of illness, please stay home and let your instructor or supervisor know.
Masks are highly recommended, but not required, while on campus at this time. This may change based on recommendations from the appropriate federal and state agencies and the Colorado Community College System. Individual faculty members may require face masks in their classrooms. Students are expected to comply with a request from a faculty member unless there is a medial exemption. Students who require a medical exemption should contact Rochelle Lenox at Rochelle.firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-521-6727. Documentation from a physician noting the need for an exemption may be required.
The College has implemented the following strategies to keep students and employees healthy:
- Cleaning and sanitizing facilities and surfaces occurs on a daily basis by the Physical Plan Staff in accordance with health department guidelines.
- Faculty and staff are charged with the frequent sanitization of their classrooms and work spaces after each use or visit.
- Face coverings are required. If students or visitors do not have a face covering, one will be provided from the office of the Vice President of Student Services.
- Room capacity guidelines will be followed to ensure social distancing.
- Signage will be posted across campus reminding people about handwashing and other health precaution guidelines.
The College will develop protocols for how to treat symptomatic students, including guidance on how to isolate and quarantine, whether to leave campus to return home, travel restrictions, etc.
Students who feel ill should seek medical attention and consider being tested for COVID-19. Notify your hall director or the Director or Residence Life. Ill students will either remain quarantined in their room or be moved to an isolation room.
Students who become ill due to COVID during the semester may stay on campus or return home to complete their courses. In either case, the College will help students shift to remote learning when possible. Many lab, music, art, theatre and CTE courses require a hands on component that is not possible to complete remotely. In these cases, students may need to take an incomplete and finish the course during the next semester. Tuition and fees will not be refunded in the event of curriculum delivery format changes for any part of the 2021-2022 academic year. As long as students are permitted to remain in the residence halls and receive meals from the cafeteria, room and board charges will not be refunded.
Northeastern has become very adept at moving from in-classroom instruction to remote instruction. Should there be a full stay-at-home order, we will help you shift to remote learning. Classes that include a hands-on component (career and technical, science labs, and some liberal arts) will continue as long as the health department will allow. During the Fall of 2020, we were able to move all lecture based courses to remote learning and kept our hands-on classes going.
Tuition and fees are charged at the beginning of the semester and will remain in place regardless of any changes in instructional format. Tuition and fees will not be refunded in the event of curriculum delivery format changes for any part of the 2021-2022 academic year. As long as students are permitted to remain in the residence halls and receive meals from the cafeteria, room and board charges will not be refunded.