- Freshman Applicants must be a Colorado resident directly matriculating from a Colorado high school (i.e. the student must have obtained his/her high school diploma within the 2018-2019 academic year if first time recipient);
- Freshman Applicants must have a 3.75 final high school GPA or higher. Official high school transcripts showing his/her respective grade point average must be attached;
- Sophomore/Continuing applicants must have a 3.5 grade point average or higher in at least 12 credit hours during their last semester of enrollment.
- Student must be eligible for COF (Colorado Opportunity Fund);
- Student must submit a 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete his/her file in the NJC Financial Aid Office to determine Title IV eligibility;
- Awarding will be determined by completed file and application process on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a limited amount of funds available for NJC to award;
- Colorado Merit Awards will be awarded for $1,000 for one academic year ($500 Fall semester and $500 Spring semester). Awarded amount could increase if there are funds remaining after all qualified applicants have been awarded;
- Student must be enrolled in and maintain full-time (at least 12 credit hours or more) enrollment status;
- Continued eligibility for the Spring semester is dependent on earning a 3.5 grade point average or higher in at least 12 credit hours during Fall semester;
- If funds are remaining after the Fall and Spring semesters, Colorado Merit Awards may be awarded for Summer semester for continuing students who have earned at least 12 credit hours with at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average;
- Student will be subject to the CCCS/NJC Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements;
- Awards are based on the availability of funding from the Colorado Student Merit Aid Program.
Please submit this form and your final high school transcript to the NJC Financial Aid Office. You may also email the application to: email@example.com or fax it to: 970-521-6801.