High School Equivalency (GED) Preparation
The GED preparation classes provide the opportunity for students to improve their basic academic skills through focused skill-building courses in the following core subject areas: reading, writing, science, social studies and math.
Our program will meet you where you are in your educational goals and it will focus on the classes you need to succeed on your GED and earn your high school equivalency diploma.
What we offer:
- Focus on workplace skills and/or college readiness.
- Goal setting assistance.
- Whole group, small group, and individualized instruction.
- Pre-GED and GED instruction in math, reading, and writing subject areas.
- Official GED practice tests.
- College and Career Navigation.
- Morning and evening classes.
- College and Career Coaching/Tutoring available.
- Classes offered in Sterling, CO and Holyoke, CO (schedules might be different).
- Early childhood education - pre-elementary school for children ages up to 8 years old while parents attend class.
- Cost: FREE.
*Regular attendance is required and homework will be assigned.
Our Schedule (Sterling, CO location)
- Morning Session: Tuesday - Friday
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am College and Career Readiness
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm GED preparation classes
- Evening Session: Tuesday and Thursday
- 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm GED preparation Classes
GED Test Information
- GED tests are offered exclusively on the computer and must be taken in person at approved testing centers only.
- GED tests are aligned with new state standards, so those that pass demonstrate they meet rigorous standards of high school completion and college and career readiness.
- Test takers will get their scores reported back the same day they test.
- Scores will provide detailed personalized feedback on specific skills that cen be improved for a higher score, and targeted study recommendations.
- GED preparation focuses on critical thinking and problem-solving skills, testing four content areas: Reasoning through Language Arts (Reading and Writing), Mathematical Reasoning, Science and Social Studies.
- GED Official test cost: $37.50 per subject, (4 subjects total).
For more information about the GED test, including test center locations, visit the GED Testing Service Website. You will be asked to register (i.e., provide some information about yourself). Once you have completed the registration, you will have access to a wide variety of information about the GED Test. Additionally, you will need to register on this website before taking any of your GED tests.
The GED test is offered at:
Morgan Community College
920 Barlow Road
Fort Morgan, CO 80701
For more information about the High School Equivalency GED preparation program offered at Northeastern Junior College please contact Jamie Giacomini at 970-521-6761 or at email@example.com.
2020 spring GED Graduation Celebration is scheduled for Saturday, June 27. Students interested in walking at the ceremony should contact Jamie Giacomini before May 6th.