What is ResNet?
ResNet (Residence Hall Network) is a wired network that brings Internet connectivity to all students living in the NJC residence halls. All NJC Residence Halls are equipped with one computer access port per student that provides a direct connection to the Internet. Ethernet cables are NOT provided. Learn more about ResNet here.
What do I need to use ResNet when I get on campus?
- Computer or Laptop with Ethernet-capable network card (Most devices come with this already installed)
- Ethernet cable (Not provided)
- Antivirus software (Free Antivirus software is available to current students). Visit the ResNet site to learn more.
- Agree to the ResNet Acceptable Use Policy before being allowed on the network.
Can I hook up my X-box, Playstation or other Game Console to ResNet?
Due to security concerns and traffic volume, you are required to abide by the following rules:
- You must read and accept the NJC ResNet Acceptable Use Policy.
- You must read and accept the HEOA-BP3-125 Electronic Communication Policy
- You are allowed a single port to connect to the network.
- You may not have a hub or switch unless previously approved by ResNet administration.
- You may not host network services.
- You will be responsible for any connections made through your devices.