If you qualify and maintain eligibility, we have $3,400 in scholarships, grants, and other gift aid to help pay for your college! This allows you to get two years of college tuition for the price of one.
Do I qualify for the Northeastern Guarantee?
|How do I know if I qualify?
|Five County Service Area Students:
(Includes Logan, Washington, Yuma, Phillips and Sedgwick County)
|2.5 Cumulative GPA
or 22 or higher ACT score
|Colorado Students Outside the Five County Area:
||3.5 Cumulative GPA
or 22 or higher ACT score
There is no application form to fill out. You simply must apply for admission to NJC and show proof that you have a qualifying GPA at the time you apply. This can be documented by submitting a high school grade transcript showing your GPA. This is cumulative GPA through the end of your 6th, 7th or 8th semester of high school.
Other requirements for obtaining the Northeastern Guarantee
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may do this at www.fafsa.ed.gov Try to have this done no later than April 1.
NJC’s school code is 001361
- Be a Colorado resident for tuition classification purposes. Your parent(s)or legal guardians must be legal Colorado resident(s) for a minimum of one year in order for you to qualify for in-state tuition classification.
- Register for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) which provides you some state funded tuition assistance.
- Register at NJC as a full time student the immediate fall after you graduate, taking a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
- Be a Colorado high school graduate
How it is paid out
The first two semesters the guarantee will pay $1,000 a semester and the third and fourth semesters will pay $700 each semester. If you qualify for up to $1,075.50 in Pell and Colorado state grants this will be the guarantee. If you qualify for less, then the HOPE and Vision scholarships will make sure you have at least these amounts in gift aid to attend Northeastern.
- Student A qualifies for $3000 total a semester between Pell and/or Colorado Student Grants the first semester of their freshman year. This is their Northeastern Guarantee- $3000 total that semester.
- Student B qualifies for $1000 total a semester in Pell and/or Colorado Student Grants the first semester of their freshman year. This is their Northeastern Guarantee-$1000 total that semester.
- Student C qualifies for $500 total a semester in Pell and/or Colorado Student Grants the first semester of their freshman year. Their Guarantee would be in the form of $500 Pell and or Colorado Student Grant plus Hope or Vision grant would be $500 that semester, for up to a total of $1,000 per semester between Pell/Colo Student/Vision or Hope.
- Student D qualifies for $0 total a semester in Pell and/or Colorado Student Grants the first semester of their freshman year. Their Hope or Vision grant, if they qualify, would be $1000 that first semester.
What is required?
To keep the scholarship, you must:
Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in each of your semesters here and pass 12 credits during the semester. (Withdrawals and F's do not count.)
Spend a total of 50 hours per semester in the college’s Comprehensive Learning Center (CLC) with a 2.5 GPA and pass 12 credits during the semester. (Withdrawals and F's do not count.)
If I don't qualify now, can I qualify after attending?
Most schools will give you one opportunity to earn scholarships. If you didn't qualify initially, but come to Northeastern, you can earn the guarantee at any point in your first two years at Northeastern. Basically, you get paid to study!
Printed from Northeastern Junior College - Sterling, Colorado.
Copyright © 2013 Northeastern Junior College