A full refund or exchange will be made for books that are clean and unmarked, if the following conditions are met:
- A cash register receipt from this store must be presented!
- The request for refund or exchange is made within the first five days of the current semester.
- Books must be in original condition. Wrapped, boxed books or merchandize must not be unwrapped or opened.
Thereafter, for the remainder of the semester until Buyback days, to return a book for up to ? of the purchase price, the student must have:
- Signed or Processed Drop Slip
- Cash Register Receipt
- NJC Student I.D.
At the end of the semester, for three days during finals, books which are in good condition and are needed for the following semester will be bought back for approximately ? of the purchase price. A used book company representative will be at the bookstore and may purchase other textbooks not currently needed by the bookstore at the current wholesale used book market value.
It is assumed that when a professor adopts a book and the students purchase it, it is because they perceive the information the book contains to be of value to their education. Students who purchase a book because of their speculation of its Buyback value do so at their own risk.
Keep Your Receipt!
Also for your protection:
- Write your name and/or student number on the back of your receipt and in your books
- Do NOT leave your receipt in your books.