The AmeriCorps program is an opportunity to earn an educational voucher for completing a volunteer service agreement.
Click on a heading for more information about that type of tuition
The chart below shows the voucher amounts for the various contract options. These values have increased and represent the voucher awards for the 2010-2011 grant.
- 300 hours = $1,132.28
- 450 hours = $1,415.34
- 900 hours = $2,675.00 (can be completed over two academic years)
Individuals are allowed to do more than one AmeriCorps vouchers during their lifetime. For most individuals the maximum number would be four contracts.
NJC AmeriCorps members must:
- be affiliated with one of the NJC AmeriCorps groups:
NJC Nursing Students
NJC Student Athletes
- be US Citizens, US Nationals, or Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens
- be at least 17 years of age and have a high school diploma, GED, or be working to obtain one
- submit a copy of birth certificate, passport, or proof of citizenship
- enroll in one of NJC's Service-Learning courses
Step 1: Contact your NJC AmeriCorps Coordinator
Julie Brower Julie.Brower@njc.edu970.521.6707
David Huss - David.Huss@njc.edu970.521.6808
Step 2: Attend an AmeriCorps Orientation Session
Step 3: Submit an AmeriCorps Application and Enroll in an NJC Service Learning Course
Step 4: Start volunteering and recording your service!
Step 5: Submit your monthly narrative and hour logs to your NJC Coordinator by the first Thursday of each month.
Please remember that volunteer service must be done through a non-profit organization in order for your service hours to count toward AmeriCorps Service Hours