Northeastern Junior College is a comprehensive two-year institution that is committed to providing excellence in learning, training, and service. We strive to produce skilled and knowledgeable students who transfer successfully and enter the workforce productively. We strive to enrich the quality of lives through affordable and accessible learning opportunities.
To be Colorado’s premier two-year college of choice through excellence in education.
NJC believes the student is the most important person on campus. We strive to provide the best possible educational, cultural, and social experiences within a positive and supportive learning environment.
- Provide excellence in learning and teaching for transfer, career and technical education, business and industry training, and life-long learning.
- Enhance student success by providing comprehensive support and intervention services that maintain a nurturing learning environment.
- Proactively identify, acquire, and maintain college resources to support the mission, vision, and goals of the college.
- Attract and retain quality employees and provide incentives for their educational and professional growth.
- Foster activities and programs that promote the understanding, appreciation, and acceptance of diversity.
- Enable the institution to respond to changing needs of today’s educational programming by providing current technology for instruction and operations.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with educational institutions, businesses, and industries which contribute to the cultural, economic, educational, and social betterment of the region.
- Assess institutional effectiveness as part of the planning and renewal process based on continuous improvement principles and accountability measures.
- Effectively promote the college to result in enhanced enrollments.
- Maintain, update, and improve facilities to support the educational mission in order to provide an aesthetic collegiate environment.
- Operate with integrity and be accountable to our students, our community, and our state.